I was tagged by friends on facebook for this and decided I would post it here too. I appear to be into lists and randomness these days...
1. When I was little I remember wearing red keds and another pair of
red leather shoes. I love seeing photos of me with those little red
shoes. I bought my own children red keds to wear when they were small
and plan to keep them forever.
2. I want a pair of red leather Birkenstock Bostons and a pair of red cowboy boots (see #1).
3. I volunteer in my children's school library once a week.
4. I never had legos as a child and bought myself some in college.
5. I have a deep abiding affection for Playmobil which I also didn't
have Playmobil as a child. I bought myself the Playmobil farm when I
was in my 20s, single and teaching elementary school. I still have the
6. My grandmother thought I would be an old maid school teacher with cats. Still have the cats...
7. I didn't get married until I was 31.
8. I had my first child when I was 32.
9. I think teaching elementary school was easier than raising 4 kids (I've been home with the kiddos since the first was born).
10. I miss being able to sleep with a pile of books in the bed next to me like I did when I was single.
11. I am a piler not a filer and loathe housecleaning.
12. I grew up with a purebread Pembroke Welsh corgi named Duffy.
13. My dad worked for the FBI for many many years and was privy to many
secrets. I think he should write a book. He had the fingerprints of
famous people and notorious criminals in his office safe. (Shh, mom
don't tell him I wrote that one!)
14. My dad has always been disappointed that I didn't pursue a law degree.
15. I just found out that my parents attended JFK's inauguration. I told my dad to write that memory down.
16. I have no qualms about leaving dishes overnight in my sink much to my mother's dismay. hee hee...(see #11)
18. I love knitting socks with double pointed needles and rarely wear machine made/store bought socks anymore.
19. I am a "country mouse" living (for now) in the city.
20. I want a grain mill so we can grind our own wheat for bread and pasta.
21. I read cookbooks like novels.
22. I love beans and incorporate them into many of our meals. Heirloom beans from Rancho Gordo are a special favorite of mine! https://www.ranchogordo.com/
23. I dislike fat free, nonfat, and low fat versions of most types of
food but especially CHEESE. I would rather eat a small piece of REAL
full fat cheddar cheese than the lower fat/ FAKE versions.
24. I visited the Cabot Creamery in Vermont on my honeymoon. I love Cabot cheese!
25. I love Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes.
Notice the red shoes! (See #1!) ----
Several of you asked in the comments last post about Inkheart the movie...it was good, not great, just good. We enjoyed it and thought they stayed fairly true to the book but the ending was quite different. Long movie too but the book is longer!