The end of school is in sight! My kiddos have worked so hard this year, and I am so proud of them! As any parent knows the end of the school year can get rather hectic with concerts, parties, picnics, special presentations, etc. along with plans being made for next year. Whew! Our calendar is packed! I was delighted to find today free of a visit to the school so Lukas and I have been at home cleaning and doing laundry (oh, joy!). I am eagerly anticipating the more relaxed pace of summer.
Here are 10 things I'm looking forward to this summer:
- sleeping in past 6 AM.
- reading, reading, reading
- eating fresh produce from our backyard garden and CSA farm
- going to the pool with the kiddos
- thunderstorms and days spent lounging inside reading, playing games, and napping
- visits with faraway family & friends
- trips to explore nature
- fewer socks in the laundry
- learning how to preserve our harvest (see #3)
- buying new school supplies